Okay, so every year since college I have carved a pumpkin. My roommates and I had pumpkin carving parties. Last year Adam and I had a huge party at our house. It has always been somewhat of a competition - scraping your pumpkin so clean you could almost break a piece off - finding the perfect pattern - poking the holes just right and setting all pumpkins side by side when all is said and done.
Up until this year I was a pumpkin carving perfectionist! This year - I had to share my pumpkin carving experience with BubbaJ. I cut the top off and let him have a go with getting the inside cleaned out. This was rather entertaining as the pictures show. He was a little leery of the goo - but soon realized it could be fun to throw it all around the kitchen floor.
Needless to say that by the time we got everything out of the inside, I wasn't much into poking a long creative design. So, this pumpkin has some eyes, a nose, and a mouth. But giving up my pumpkin carving perfection for the look of enjoyment on BubbaJ's face was worth every second!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment