This year we hosted the Fifth Annual Zickerman Gingerbread House Construction party (a tradition started by the Zickerman family). Adam bakes the houses from scratch and everyone comes over with their favorite candy to construct and decorate their homes. The only string attached is that our guests have to take their houses with them when they leave - I should really only pick the candy off of one house per year!
The boys were very patient all weekend, but kept asking when we would be decorating their houses. They really worked themselves up for the construction process. We went to the store and they picked out a special candy they would each like to put on their houses along with candy to share with the guests. When it came time to decorate they spent ten minutes on their houses and claimed that they were done with their master pieces. Within five minutes of claiming they were done Conner was already asking if he could eat his house!! Oh to be young! All that mattered to me was that they had a good time. And I did make Conner wait until we took them home to eat his house. I wanted his parents to see his work of art prior to demolition. BubbaJ was the foreman for the day. He sat in his high chair and ate M&Ms until I finally had to cut him off - the sugar intoxication was a bit much!I will admit though - three boys in one house for two days - I was e-x-h-a-u-s-t-e-d!!! But it is always worth it!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment